Sunday, May 16, 2010

Madilyn's arrival







Madilyn Jean Slaugh finally arrived on March 29, 2010 at 6:41 p.m. when I arrived at the hospital at 7:00 am that morning they didnt have me on the schedule for an induction need I say I was not happy at all that the nurse didnt call down there and schedule me. So they finally got me started on the pitocin about 9:30 am and I was only dilated to a 2, everyone said I would be there all day and night, I kept telling everyone that she would be here by 9:00 that night, nobody was buying it. I didnt progress much during the day I was walking about every hour for 30 minutes. At 3:00 I was only a 3 so not very fast going, I was up walking around when Dr. Lewis came by at 5:30 pm when he was going home and told the nurses he really didnt want me up walking, what a bummer I thought. I was still only a 3-4 but more of a 3 at that time and he said he was going home to wax the floor, peel potatos and cook dinner and that he would see me in the morning I said whatever she will be here tonight, at that time I was rerally thinking I would never have her, my contractions werent very hard and not strong, when the family and my friend Jessica left at about 5:45 they all said it would be in the middle of the night or the next day, I still was trying to convince them all she would be here by 9. When the nurse left at 6:30 pm I was still a 4 but my contractions were getting alot stronger and harder and told her I wanted an epideral, so she said she would call the anestegiologist, well he didnt come very fast, the next nurse came in about 6:35 and I was a 5 and still no epideral, well the contractions were right on top of each other and really hurting ans so strong they said they would call Dr.Lewis and let him know well another nurse came in and checken me this was about 6:37 or so and said she would be right back and didnt say anyhting else and then Evelyn came in and checked and said I was a 10 and still no epideral and I so needed to push and so I pushed 2 times and Madilyn was finally here at 6:41 delivered by Evelyn the nurse and then Dr. Lewis came in and said what happened I said where were you at I told you shed be here by 9 and he said when I left at 5:30 you were still a 3 and then only an hour later you had her, I went from a 4 to a 10 in about 4 minutes it was totally crazy and at the time I really wanted an epideral but so glad afterwards I didnt have one, I was so glad that she was here, we didnt get any pictures of her right after she was born it went so fast. Then after Joey left to go home to the other kids 2 of my friends came to visit Cara and Tyra they helped me get to my room and cuddled Madilyn for awhile and were such great company and help I love to visit with them, love their guts!!! Madilyn weighed in at 7 lbs 3.3 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long which I think they measured her wrong becasue at 4 days she was 19 1/4 and then at her 2 wk check she wazs 19 1/2 but thats okay.
She has been so fun, but has been an adjustment for all.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Hey you talked abotu Jessica in here but not ME!?!? Just kidding love your guts, we r glad shes here! She is beautiful and so sweet to cuddle!

Ben and Marcie said...

I'm so glad you posted about her birth! She is so cute! I love to hold and cuddle her. Love ya!

Robin Conner said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I didn't even know you were pregnant until a few days before you had her! ;) lol! That is quite the labor story. Mine were very similar! I think after about 2 or 3 kids, the body just "opens up" and drops the kid out after you reach about a 5! I dialated from a 5 to a 10 in about 10 minutes! It's crazy! ;) Congrats again, and get rest when you can! Having older kids is a huge help! They are so fun to watch hold and care for the baby! She is so cute!