Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Free Fishing Day












Well I only had one of the kids this weekend, and that was Draydyn. The other kids were gone Quentyn was with his Dad and Timberlyn was in Salt Lake with the Girl Scouts and so Shelby and I took Draydyn fishing up to Steinaker and fished off the bridge, we caught about 12 fish in all and released them all, I love to fish but I hate eating them they stink so very badly to me.
When we got up there and got parked, Shelby drove her truck, because well she needs the hours for her license and she is 16 and you all know how 16 yr olds are. We got ourselves out of the truck and shut the doors so all the mosquitos would stay out of there and went to get in the truck to get Draydyn's fishing pole, the doors were locked, do you think anybody else has an extra key? Well George does but where was he, no where to be found, so there were a few guys up there nice enough to try to help, the doors were so tight it was kinda hard, there was a guy on a bullet bike that tried to help and was so nice to drive back to town and get a metal hanger and about 8 minutes after he left we got into the truck, thanks to those guys and the guy on the bullet bike got back and we had gotten in the truck, he gave Shelby the hanger for future use, hopefully that wont have to be used.
We had so much fun and ran out of worms but were catching so many that I ended up trying to use the rest of Draydyn's cheese from his lunch, not so much luck and then I just put a spinner on the line, after my line broke, I was using Draydyn's snoopy pole yep I am a little crazy but it was so much fun and Draydyn was loving every minute of it.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Oh that sucks that you guys locked the keys in the truck! At least there were people around to help! Im glad you had fun, we didn't do anything for Free Fishing Day!