Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trip to Texas


Well we took a family trip to Texas to see my side of the family and we had a blast it was a 21 hour drive just 1 way. So needless to say we drove there in the middle of the night, the kids were so good, at least for being in a car that long together. We left Vernal on Sunday the 6th of July around 4:30 pm and got to my Aunts house around 5:00 pm Texas time on Monday. While we were there Quentyn and Timberlyn went to day camp 4 of the 7 days that we were there and loved every second of it, they practically lived in the water. My Aunt and Uncle have a swimming pool in their back yard and they got in it when they got home from camp, I am surprised that they didn't turn into fish.

Draydyn was a little unhappy that he didn't get to go to camp, but he got to spend time with the adults and go to lunch and shopping everyday and enjoyed that and even got to go to a petting zoo. He really liked the goats and even chased them a few times. He wants to move to Texas and so does Quentyn, Joey would if it wasn't so humid.

Timberlyn doesn't want to move there but she sure didn't want to leave Aunt Barbara's, we just had so much fun there and we can't wait to go back. She made a few new friends at camp and will hopefully keep in contact with them until the next time and then they will be able to be lifelong friends.

While in Texas I was able to see an Uncle that I haven't seen in 20 years and was shocked but it was a good visit and then we went to the cemetery and was able to see where my grandparents are buried and took some pictures to add to my genealogy. I had a wonderful visit with my Aunt and Uncle and then my other Uncle and cousin, met a few of my Aunt's friends and was able to see a friend that I met when we went to New York last summer. I will always treasure the visit.

Joey had a blast riding motorcycles and he got to experience something that most people don't get to experience in their lives he rode in the Patriot Guards which is a group that ride with the funeral precession of a Armed Forces that has passed on and it was a great honor for Joey. My Uncle, Joey and my other Uncle went on 3 of them while we were there.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I missed you so while you were gone and am so glad you are back!