Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School





Well school is finally in session again, and me personally am so excited. I couldn't wait for this day.
When I walked to get the kids from school on the way home, I asked the kids how their first day was and Timberlyn said, "I'll tell you when we get home" I said "OK" so then I turned to Quentyn and he just said it was "OK" and then I asked him about his teacher, she is new this year to Discovery, and he said "oh she is so fat" I told him that some people just can't help it, and so as we were walking along just talking about who was in their classes, Quentyn said " you know Mom this was so funny, my teacher went to sit in her chair and it broke when she sat in it," I was totally horrified and told him" you better not have laughed at her" he said "oh my gosh Mom it was so funny, everyone was laughing", I said," Quentyn that is not funny and you better not have laughed." and so he let me think that this really happened, a while had gone by and we were almost home and he said "just kidding my teacher really didn't break her chair, but I thought that she was going to."
So we had a little talk about laughing at people, because he knows what it is like to be teased and that it hurts peoples feelings and he should really think about others first.
Timberlyn's first day was "boring", and that's the only thing she said, I thought to myself, "it's only the first day of school and she is already bored," well I guess we are off to a great start, it only took Timberlyn half of the year to get bored last year. I really do think that she is a little bored, because she is so smart and comes right home and does her homework in like 2.5 seconds and they are all correct answers and so maybe she is to smart for her own good. And totally has the best teacher!!!
Quentyn on the other hand I practically have to beat him with the wooden spoon to do his homework, and that is no lie. I told Quentyn that he really needs to concentrate on his school work and not the GIRLS!!!! I hope he will really listen to it.
Draydyn will start school on Wednesday next week and goes from 8:30 a.m- 10:40 am so that will be nice and Draydyn loves school and thinks that it is so cool that he rides the bus.



3 comments:

Cara said...

Bout time you blogged about the first day! Ha ha. It makes me laugh when I read about your kids because that is totally them! Gotta love em!

Robin Conner said...

I saw your blog on Ramandas and I had to take a peek! Your kids are way cute! Your daughter is going to be a heart breaker when she's older! I laughed about their first day of school. My oldest son Ethan had a super cute teacher last year and the first thing he said about his teacher this year was, "she's not that cute mom!" and of course I tried not to laugh and told him that a cute teacher doesn't necessarily make a good one! :) Any way, it was good seeing you on here! :)

Ben and Marcie said...

I need a new post from you, you slacker! j/k How's it going?